044 Coach Radio – Promote a Book, Host Your Own Online Show
Send me your feedback or questions or leave me a voice mail: (919) 355-8275.
In today’s show I talk about promoting a book and hosting your own online show.
Book Promotion Ideas
- Create a URL specifically for your book
- Write about things that relate to your book on your blog
- Market through your newsletter
- Talk about where people can buy your book
- Answer questions in forums about topics relating to your book
- Talk to people online (twitter, facebook, linkedin) – they all lead back to your website
- Create a group or page on facebook around your book’s topic
- Solicit reviews for your website and Amazon
- Get it in the hands of sneezers – blog tour, podcasters, radio and TV people, etc.
- Send it to people who can be helped by the book’s content – blow them away by doing it free; they’ll talk
- Network in-person and talk about it
- Add a map of readers to your website
More tips on getting your book out there by Chris Brogan.
Ryan emailed to ask about starting his own podcast. He wanted to know how to get started, where to host the files, and more.
I use lisyn.com for hosting.
I wrote an article on the differences between Dreamhost vs. GoDaddy vs. 1and1 and which is best to use.
I mentioned community and that I’m a professor at faatrial.com. Let me know what you think of the video I put together there.
I was interviewed last week by David Siteman Garland and spent some time addressing how to start your own online show. Here’s the video.
Chapter covered from Become a Coach – Can an Introvert be a Great Coach?